How to Parent Conference.
- Practical Professional Development: Earn 3 CE hours
- A step-by-step guide to mastering complex & difficult parent conferences and conversations
- Know what to expect or how to handle it
- Only $18.95 and backed by our Money-Back Guarantee
I was a teacher and coach for 20 years. Over that time, I developed a system of effectively communicating and collaborating with parents under potentially explosive circumstances.
If you’re reading this, you know how stressful a parent conference can be when you’re just starting out. But what can you do when no one shows you how it could be done? With that said, I would like to present our Parent Conference Mastery Plan.
Who's this for?
Classroom Teachers: This course will walk you through everything in an easy-to-apply format. The goal is to execute – not confuse you with technical terms.
Coaches: If you want to build support in the stands and maintain the standards of your program. Knowing how to communicate with emotional parents can mean the difference between a big win or a heartbreaking loss for your team.
School Administrators: If you’re new to school administration, you probably know that dealing with angry parents can be a common occurrence. Walk into your next parent meeting with confidence, knowing that you have a plan and know how to execute it.
Our Plan is a set of processes organized into 4 phases
Phase 1: Empowerment Through Understanding
- Clear introduction of the essential parts of the parent conference to get a lay of the land.
- What to know about the parents you’ll be talking to and what to expect.
- What you need to know about your role in the conference and why you’re the best person to do it.
- How to frame the meeting so it won’t be so personally devastating if it doesn’t go the way you’d like.
Phase 2: Step-by-Step Plan
- How to solve problems before they occur by planning ahead.
- What you can do to prepare yourself to be at your best when it matters most.
- Our complete step-by-step plan will take you through your meeting from beginning to end.
- Take advantage of pro tips that give you an edge in almost any conversation
Phase 3: Tools for Success
- Tools for communicating in challenging situations.
- Strategies to develop trust, lead, and minimize problems before they begin.
- A deep dive into the principles of creating an environment of collaboration.
- Understanding the personal value that comes from each meeting you have.
Phase 4: Bonus Material
- What could happen? Hear stories and suggestions from real educators.
- Strategies for unique situations.
- The long-term benefit of managing and mastering these situations.
Email templates that can be used to schedule and follow-up with parents, communicate with your administrator, and proactively build connections with students.
We’re not going to try and upsell you on expensive courses or services. Our Execution Plan is meant to be accessible and effective for classroom teachers. That means you get access to everything you need inside, without any hassle.
Do I really need this course?
If you’ve ever gone through a tense parent meeting when you didn’t have a clue how to manage it, and it didn’t bother you at all…this may not be right for you. This Plan is for those educators who want to build bridges, work toward collaboration, and master the art of communication in any setting. It’s not easy, but the skill set you earn from this course is world-class.
I'm new to education…will I be able to use this?
Yes. Our Mastery Course was built without confusing technical terms and filler. The processes have been kept as simple and actionable as possible – without compromising a successful outcome.
I've been in education for years…will this be useful?
These strategies were shaped over twenty years of teaching and coaching. Seasoned educators usually find value in a few ways:
- If you’ve recently moved into an administrative or head coaching position, you’ll have more parent conferences and with greater complexity. Our approach can help you navigate these new challenges.
- They discover strategies they weren’t aware of, which help to deepen their knowledge and ability to communicate more effectively.
- Our perspective of the parent conference allows teachers to realize the hidden benefit that comes from each of these experiences.
Of course, if you don’t find it helpful we’ll give you your money back…it’s that easy.
Is this for coaches or administrators?
Absolutely. Many of my most difficult conferences were with my player’s parents. After interviewing numerous principals, it’s clear that our strategies are consistently effective, whether you’re in the administration office or the coach’s office.
Will I be able to use these strategies immediately?
Once you’ve gone through and understand the process, you can expect to see immediate results. You can be more comfortable, capable, and effective in your next parent conference.
Are you going to up-sell me on some other course?
No. We want you to get what you need without any pressure to buy something else.